Thursday, September 30, 2010

Free Fall

As I am in free fall, falling towards the earth
Wings in disarray, no longer remembering how to fly
I dream of the sun, and the warmth of the light
Praying to god that there are no more lies
With no way to fly and a million ways to fall
I think about what it means to crash and burn
I’m still in free fall

Can crashing and burning really be that bad
Maybe a new start is all that I have
With no more prayers, no more faith
The process begins, heaven awaits
The flames begin to burn from inside
Slowing seeping out, I can no longer hide
Engulfed in heat, remembering the pain,
I know that it will all be over soon, and I’ll start over again

Its almost done now
There isn’t anything left
My spirit is still falling
I’m waiting with my last breath
God please help me now, I can’t fly alone
Give me the mercy that to me you’ve once shown
I can feel the peace now, its starting to return
It’s a process of rebirth, but first there is always the burn
Without pain and struggle, we never realize
Just how precious our wings are
When all we want to do is fly

No comments:

Post a Comment